I was far more excited for school to be done then Emmersen was. She loved every minute of school, except the bus rides, she was ready for those to be done! Emmersen had a fabulous year in kindergarten! I am so glad that we didn't hold her back a year, she was so ready and she couldn't have had a better year. Mrs. Sigston is such an amazing teacher! I have spent a lot of time over the years in different kindergarten classes, and I have to say, there is definitely something special about hers! She spends a lot of time praying and worshiping with the kids and you can just see how much she loves Christ, and how that enables her to have the love and patience that these little ones need. She does such a great job of having a consistent routine for the kids, and Emmersen thrived on that. Anytime Emme can know what to expect and what is coming next she does very well. Kindergarten was know exception, one day at home after a particularly grumpy and testy day she looked at me and said, "mom, I don't know why I am so good at school, I never get in trouble there, or cry!" lol, I couldn't help but chuckle, I know that part of it is that she is kept busy and that she always knows what is expected of her and what is coming next. Something I will definitely have to remember for next year! Her and I are very different that way, routine and organization are definitely not my strong point, hahaha!
I loved watching how much she learned this year. It was amazing to see her develop reading skills and math skills, I was surprised at how quickly she picked things up. It was also neat to see that she developed in her faith as well. She often brought home lessons she learned about God's love, creation, and trusting God. I am always surprised at how fast kids grow up, and for some reason, it seems like kindergarten makes them grow up and mature twice as fast as they were the year before.
waiting for the bus with her friends Ella and Carly
On the last day of school the kids have a "Celebration of Learning" and each class does something different to show the learning that has taken place. In the kindergarten class Mrs. Sigston takes the meaning of the kids' names, and finds a bible verse that corresponds to the meaning, and speaks it as a blessing over that child. It is really neat. I so admire her for taking the time to find a verse for each child, that suits that child. It is cool to see how she celebrates the uniqueness of each of her students, and to see how important it is to her that they are rooted in Christ. She really is a blessing to all of the families she has been involved with. It was such a comfort to me, to know that I was sending Emmersen into a classroom with a teacher that would be praying for her. The meaning Mrs. Sigston found for Emmersen was "Victorious" and she chose Psalm 20:5 to be the blessing she spoke over Emme "May we shout for joy over your victory, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the Lord fulfill all your petitions!" I pray too that this will be true in Emmersen's life!
the kindergarten kids lined up waiting for their turn to be called to Mrs. Sigston
Emme waiting patiently for her turn
listening intently to what Mrs. Sigston said to her
This was technically not the last day of school, but the second last day at the parent appreciation tea. It was a lot of fun, and so cute to see how excited the kids were to serve us parents and sing for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment