Friday, July 5, 2013

Bella is 5!

Special date night with Daddy!
It seems so bizarre to think that our little Bella is 5 already! It seems so crazy to think that our baby girl will go to kindergarten this year. As much as it seemed too fast when Cheyanne went to kindergarten it seems even more unbelievable that Bella is going this year. I don't know how time keeps going so fast or why I am still continually surprised at the fact that time goes so fast. You would think that by know I would be used to it, but for whatever reason I just can't seem to accept the fact. I find that each birthday one of my children has is a reminder to slow down and appreciate that little one right where they are at. In every day life it can be so easy to hurry them, tell them they should be able to do this or that on their own by now, groan about having to help with putting on socks or pouring the milk, but really I don't want them to grow up any faster. I find this to be especially true with Bella. Sometimes she talks too much and doesn't get supper done on time, or starts dancing and giggling instead of getting dressed, or breaks out in song when she's supposed to be quiet. She's a little slower at getting her own socks on and turning her clothes right side out, and she almost always forgets what she's supposed to be doing. I can find this frustrating and loose patience with her, but this year I am realizing that she is growing up, and faster then I want her too. I am pretty sure she will be my girl that is a sweet little five year old and the next day a sixteen year old young lady, so I have decided that I really need to appreciate her where she's at instead of hurrying her towards independence. That's the goal I am setting for myself this year, we'll see how it goes, but I am going to try and enjoy every moment of her innocent giggles and constant chatter.

Bella brings so much laughter in our house. Sometimes it's because she's trying to be funny, other times we can't help but laugh at her perception of life, her way of phrasing her thoughts and her quick wit. She uses words that are way too big for her age, and most of the time uses them correctly, when she doesn't it usually comes out in a goofy sorta makes sense way. Bella NEVER stops talking, EVER! She can't help herself, it's like the words are just bursting out of her and she can't contain them. She also needs to know everything that's going on, what I am doing, what's for dinner, when? what? why, why, why? Often it's so exasperating but, again, I keep trying to remind myself, that one day she might be a teenager who keeps her thoughts to herself, who doesn't tell us every passing thought, and so I am trying to enjoy this too. I would rather her be asking us her questions then trying to sort life out through the lens of her peers.

She is such a little doll and all girl. She has this adorable head tilted grin and a glint in her big blue eyes that helps her get a way with just a little more then her sisters do. She has a way of giggling after an order or doing something wrong that somehow gets her out of trouble, especially with Daddy! There is no tom-boy in her, she loves to go to the barn, but even there fashion matters. She loves to wear dresses, carry purses, and pick out fancy shoes. Lip gloss and hair accessories are also essential to completing her look.

Bella's birthday this year couldn't have come at a busier time. Spring, and June especially was nuts for us. It seemed like the year long activities and the start of summer activities merged to make one crazy schedule, combined with one of the craziest times of the year for my job I felt like I was going crazy. I was quite relieved when she just wanted to go to the barn for her birthday, and didn't mention having friends over. She was so excited to choose her birthday meal, open her gift from us, and be the "special" girl for the day. On the weekend we continued the party by combining our once a year Wyat side of the Olund family BBQ with Bella and Dexter's family party. It was a good week with lots of partying for Bella, she even got to celebrate with her swim class. :)

Bella's Birthday Menu:
BREAKFAST
~Swedish Pancakes (crepes) with strawberries and whip cream
LUNCH
~Pink Mini Wheats
SUPPER
~Corn on the cob (I added smokies and potatoes)


Birthday Breakfast with lots of violet decorations.
Opening her gift from Mom and Dad, a piggy bank, her response, "It's what I have been wanting my whole life!"
IT may have been pouring rain, but she was still going to the barn with Daddy. And she was very clear that Mason was not invited! 


 
Ready to practice being a vet!

Collecting the eggs.
Playing scarecrow to look after Daddy's corn!


Later in the day Grandma and Grandpa Olund brought their gift out, new clothes, and she loved the sparkly newsboy hat, straight from Vegas!
Lunch, perfectly simple :)
She was pretty pumped about that corn, haha.
We waited all afternoon to see if Bella would get a bonus little birthday gift, but, baby Pyper decided to arrive 10seconds too late to be Bella's little birthday buddy arriving at 12:00:10, lol.
It was one hot day for a BBQ, so the sprinkler had been out! Happy Birthday to the cousin twins, who have grown up so much!





Our birthday interview, thanks to Ladybugs n' Latte's for the idea!
Favourite Colour:?Violet
Favourite Food? Pancakes
Favourite Show? Sofia the First
Favourite Book? Rapunzel
Favourite Toy? Techna (a fairy from McDonalds)
Favourite Song?  (Taylor Swift)
What do you want to be when you grow up? Artist
What are you good at? colouring pictures
What are you excited about? going camping
What are your favourite memories from being four? getting to go to school to do stuff (meet the kindergarten class). Cross Country skiing.
What is your favourite memory verse this year (edited to what have you learned about God)? That you can always pray to him.
What is one thing you would like to say to the whole world if you had the chance? That you should always pray to God. And I love them.

1 comment:

daniellespare said...

Shawna,
I love your blog and how you take the time to stop an acknowledge each of your kids and their accomplishments on their birthday and in the year that has passed. Your blogs prove to be a great reminder for me. thanks for the motherly inspiration! also, I just saw your photos from summer on fb, and you look great girl!