I don't know how time goes by so fast, it seems crazy that it was 7 years ago I became a mom! It is going so fast. With each of my kids' birthdays I am reminded how precious every moment is, and how short the parenting stage of my life will really be. I know that I will always be a mom, and I know that the days seem long sometimes, but when I stop and think about the length of time my kids will actually all be under my roof, it just doesn't seem long enough! Lately it seems like every time I stop and look at Cheyanne I am amazed at how grown up she is, how beautiful she is becoming, and how lucky I am to have her.
Cheyanne is an amazing big sister, she loves to push her sisters or Mason on the swing, and she's always watching out for them. She will read Emmersen's home reading book with her and help with the words Emmersen doesn't know, but will let her try first before stepping in to tell her how to do it right. She loves to help out in the kitchen and is always asking to help with making lunch or supper. Cheyanne has an amazing memory and has memorized five or six poems this year, as well as ten memory verses. Her reading has really improved and she is beginning to write great stories and letters to her friends. She also started violin this year and is doing excellent in it, she seems to have a real ear for music and I am so excited for when her playing skills are that of her teacher's, I love the violin, it is so beautiful! I love watching her learn and I have learned so much about her this year. It is exciting to see how well I am getting to know her, and understand her personality.
As I have watched her this past year, I have really noticed the sweet side to her personality. This is not to say she doesn't have the sassy side too, and many times I have to correct her for speaking harshly with her siblings out of frustration, or talking back to me, but she really does have a gentle spirit. When I watch her play with other kids I have noticed that she is quick to include everyone. She isn't always the leader of the group, and she is often quiet when she doesn't know kids well, but she is also confident enough to go and talk with the kid who is left out, and doesn't mind making the first step, especially if I have given her the nudge to do so. She is fine with her sisters tagging along with her friends, and so far still considers them her best friends. I had a proud mommy moment this year when a mom from a little boy that was in Cheyanne's kindergarten class came up to me and told me that her son really missed Cheyanne, he had told her "Mom, I miss Cheyanne, the girls were so much nicer when Cheyanne was in our class." When this mom mentioned it to the kindergarten teacher she replied by saying how perceptive that was of the little boy, and how even though Cheyanne was quiet she had noticed that the other girls had a lot of respect for her and treated other kids the way she did. I have to admit, it made me tear up a little with pride to know that she had made a difference already in kindergarten. Can't wait to watch her develop these attributes even more, and i hope and pray that I can continue to encourage this in her.
This year Cheyanne asked if she could get her ears pierced. With a little arm twisting to convince Daddy, we decided that it would be a good birthday present. So after she turned seven I took her out for hot chocolate and then headed into Enderby Jewellers to get her ears done. They were great in there! They talked her through it and explained what they were doing, and then got it over with quickly. She didn't even cry, just a few whimpers right before they pierced them as she anticipated the pain and then one big ow, and it was done! I have to admit though, just as Michael feared, those earring sure have made her look older!
She wanted to make sure that she picked a pair with diamonds in them, a girl after my own heart :)
checking to make sure the pen marks are even
Freaking out a little bit when they were about to pierce the ears, but the ladies did it so fast she didn't have time to get in too much of a panic! Thanks ladies you were awesome!
All done and all smiles!
This year Cheyanne decided she wanted to have a rainbow party for her birthday. I had a lot of fun prepping for it, and it was amazing how I just randomly came across ideas that fit well with the theme. I made rainbow shaped fruit and veggie platters, and a rainbow cake which was so easy, and a lot of fun! When I was in Michael's one day I came across these scratch art mugs that worked out to be the perfect rainbow craft for all the girls to do, and then I had the idea to make treasure boxes filled with gold coins to be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and finally we had to colour some good ole Rainbow Brite pictures. I also came across hair chalking, thanks to Pinterest, and coloured Cheyanne's hair to look like a rainbow. I even managed to find candles with coloured flames. It was a lot of fun, and I think I enjoy getting ready for the birthday party as much as the kids enjoy attending the party!
All ready for the friends to arrive!
Rainbow hair to match the rainbow leg warmers
Cheyanne loves the house to be decorated when she wakes up in the morning, I think it is one of the highlights for her, and I lucked out and found rainbow streamers so it was perfect!
playing dress up with the guests
some of our fun crafts
The food, and I know I had more fun putting it together then the guests even noticed, they were just excited for skittles and chocolate milk, lol. Cheyanne loved the rainbow platters though and she was so excited about it all!
This was one of my favourite parts, white chocolate and rainbow sprinkle rimmed chocolate milk glasses. One of the little girls looked at me with big eyes and said, can we eat the sprinkles too! lol, it was so cute!
The group shot of the girls.
eating together
opening gifts together
The cake, I am so glad I took this picture because skittles run really quickly, lol, so it became kind of tye-dyed by the time the girls got to eat the cake.
Miss photo poser and her cheesey grin, lol.
notice the coloured flames, I thought these were so cool
The surprise when I cut into the cakes, this was a big hit as the girls all squealed excitedly when they saw it, lol.
So fun!
Our birthday interview, thanks to Ladybugs n' Latte's for the idea!
Favourite Colour:? Blue
Favourite Food? Swedish Pancakes (for those of non-Swedish decent, crepes)
Favourite Show? Wild Kratts
Favourite Book? Berenstein Bears
Favourite Toy? My new Fashion Barbie
Favourite Song? Good Girl (Carrie Underwood)
What do you want to be when you grow up? Figure Skater
What are you good at? Painting
What are you excited about? All the Holidays
What are your favourite memories from being four? end of kindergarten, my 6th birthday, Gail's pool, camping, going to Jenna-Rae and Annabelle's house
What is your favourite memory verse this year? 1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in love, in life, in faith, and in purity."
What is one thing you would like to say to the whole world if you had the chance? I like God, and I would tell them about Jesus
We love you so much Cheyanne! You are such a blessing to our family. I am learning so much from you and I am excited to see who you become. We continue to pray that you will love God more each day, and that you will choose to follow his plan for your life. Thank you for being such a sweet big sister, it is such a blessing to us and to your younger siblings!
No comments:
Post a Comment