I was finally able to help out with one of Emmersen's field trips this year. It was a long bus ride out to the Dewitt dairy farm, but it was a lot of fun. The kids had so much fun exploring the farm and learning about the animals. Joanie was amazing at explaining how things work and allowing the kids to see what happens at a farm. I have to admit though I came home wanting my own wheat grinder/oat roller and a cream separator after seeing hers. It just seemed cooler to know that you'd ground your own wheat when making your bread, and with a cream separator I am sure that making butter could save a lot of money! We ended our day at D-Dutchman for some ice-cream and a quick look at the animals. I love watching Emmersen with her friends, she is just too cute, she is always bubbling with excitement to see them, but at the same time just a little bit shy. She had a big grin on her face the whole time we were on the trip!
riding the bus together :)
The class waiting for instructions.
Our field trip group.
Feeding the baby calf (not a new experience for Emme, but still lots of fun).
Finding the newborn barn kittens was a highlight for the kids!
class photo-op
Milking a cow by hand.
Lunch break on the grass
watching Joanie make butter
Sampling some homemade butter on crackers, it was delish!
Enjoying a good cotton candy ice-cream cone.
I love kindergarten kids, they are soo cute!
Another quick photo shoot before heading home!
No comments:
Post a Comment