Recently I have just been waiting for the flu bug to hit our house. Every day it seems facebook has another family with the runs or puking their guts out. I have assumed that it is inevitable that we will get it, Emme is in school, we go to playgroup, bible study, and cousins are always around, it just seems impossible to avoid. On Thursday I thought we had our first casualty. I was so bummed out, Mason woke up with the runs and it was a day when all the kids were supposed to go to Renee's so that I could go to a farm workshop with Michael. I actually tried to be in denial until his second diaper of the day. I figured it would be mean to send sick kids to Renee so I got mom to watch the kids instead. On the way to Salmon Arm all of a sudden Michael says, "Oh you know what?" And laughs, he remembered that Mason had actually eaten a rather large scoop of a yeast and sugar compound at the barn. Now this compound is all natural so there was nothing to worry about as far as poison and such, but, this compound promotes digestive health in the calves. It gets things moving, and keeps any bad bacteria from attaching to their intestinal walls. So what we thought was the flu was actually more like an overdose of pro-biotics. Let me tell you, it sure kicked Mason's digestive system into full gear!! On the plus side, apparently it boosts the calves' immunity so fingers crossed it will do the same for Mason! So we are still waiting for the flu to hit, and hoping it won't!
2 comments:
definetly a story worth remembering! haha!
Great story, great photo!
Post a Comment